Friday 3 February 2012

DOLLY MIX VINTAGE SHOP......

I don't know about you but I LOVE vintage clothing. And a couple of weeks ago I was told about Dolly Mix Vintage shop by my lovely Caroline. So today I wanted to talk about the Dolly Mix Vintage shop in Leicester a Vintage Heaven tucked away on Cank Street.http://www.dollymixvintage.com/#

When I went in I was literally in Vintage Heaven. This shop has two floors filled with vintage clothing and Accessories from top to bottom. The shop is owned by Jackie Patrick and her daughter Catherine Howell who runs the sister shop called Pink Pigeon. Another great find and for a future blog.

What amazed me was not only the clothing but all things that sat with them IE old teacups and saucers.My favourite was the old type writer in the menswear department. The Bogart framed poster and old radios......there is a lot of history in this store. I am always drawn to the shirts and jackets and resisted buying the amazing vintage bags as I had purchased one the week before- but hey one can never have enough bags-its not just the ladies who like their accessories! Men there is so much in this shop.

The store is defiantly worth visiting you will not want to come out. They even have their own vintage stylist Claire who looked amazing. She is there to advise you on what to wear and any other questions regarding how to wear vintage!
The shop is setting up a vintage wedding room/ boutique for those that are looking for something special and not on the high street. These girls will certainly dress you up and make you feel wonderful.


Anyway if you are in Leicester pop by and I know you will not leave with out purchasing a bargain and a one off piece that certainly will give you pleasure.
Please note I have so many more pics to show but these are for another time. I will certainly be writing up on these guys again for more fab pics.....

No comments:

Post a Comment