Monday 13 February 2012

Austerity vs Luxury

Hi everyone I just wanted to let you know that I got invited by The Trend Boutique to speak to students from various universities at the French Institute in London.
I was amongst other speakers including
Sally Denton: The Trend Boutique
Debbie Laurent:from Front Foot Marketing
Eli Ankutse: co founder of Apetogentleman/ Nivan & Joshua
Lucy Norris: Creative Director Pret-a-Rever.

It was a great opportunity to talk to students about the issue of Austerity v Luxury in today's society. I was able to share my experience as a textile designer, designing for various markets including the Supermarket chains- ie Asda/ Geroge, Tesco and Sainsburys.
And how these chains are quickly catching up with the high street stores. The fact we all look at same catwalks and go 'Inspirationl' shopping at the same places- basically the design process is the same.

I hope I was able to inspire the students too to work hard- this industry is very competitive and you need to not only just have talent but network skills too.
It was a great seminar and I hope to do future talks to students......cause they are the future!!!!

Watch out for my Trend talk at The Design Forum on 1st March. Talking trend for Spring Summer 13 with W4D

No comments:

Post a Comment