Saturday 21 January 2012

DRIES VAN NOTEN SPRING SUMMER 2012 COLLECTION

Ok its the new year and I love January, not necessarily because of making new year resolutions but because the Fashion Magazines are full of the New Spring/ Summer Collections. Although I have seen these already back in September on http://www.style.com/ I am always full of joy to see the Collections again especially after the Christmas season.
One of my favourite designers is Dries Van Noten who never fails to deliver an amazing show. And this season is no exception. The models wore beautiful couture inspired shape outfits. These were printed with Palm prints and outdoor scenes. My favourite prints is his collaboration with english photographer living in france, James Reeves http://www.jamesreeve.com/ depicting night time scenes from Las Vegas. I am assuming these are digitally printed to keep the essence of James's photographs.



I also love the botanical florals patch worked into beautiful statement pieces. DVN always shows a strong collection each season and for me this is simply beautiful........can't wait for his next collection.

Photography: Yannis Vlamos

No comments:

Post a Comment